Prior CLE Programs and Materials
The Business Law Section is committed to hosting high-quality breakfast and lunch hour CLE programs for its members. The programs are often offered at no cost to section members.
2011 - 2012 Programs
April 3, 2012: Assessing Nonprofits’ Legal Needs
PowerPoint Slides: Nonprofit Legal Needs Assessment Service / Nonprofit Legal Needs Assessment Service part 2
Handouts: Roles and Responsibilities of the Nonprofit Board / Attorney-Reviewer Issues Checklist
March 28, 2012: Exploring Careers in Business Law / U of MN Law Student Reception
November 17, 2011: Opportunities at the Intersection of Law and Business
November 14, 2011: The new Dodd Frank ban on “abusive” acts and practices: No, you don’t know it when you see it
September 29, 2011: Digital Death: Can Estates or Heirs Gain Access to Online Pictures, Social Networks, Emails, and Accounts?
Audio Recording: Click here to listen.
September 12, 2011: The New Amendments to UCC Article 9 in Minnesota (co-sponsored with the Agricultural & Rural Law Section)
Audio Recording: http://copper.adobeconnect.com/p9gothydwjq/
Handout: The New Amendments to UCC Article 9 in Minnesota: Summary of Statutory Changes
2010 - 2011 Programs
- October 20, 2010 - Cooperative Businesses and Minnesota Law
- November 11, 2010 - Advising Distressed Small Businesses
- March 21, 2011 | Residential Short Sales and Other Alternatives to Foreclosure | The Borrow and Lender Perspective
- April 15, 2011 | The Consumer Operated and Oriented Plans (CO-OP) Section of the Affordable Care Act and What it Could Mean for Minnesota
- April 26, 2011 | Opinions in Commercial Finance Transactions
Power Point Presentation
Opinion Resources Handout
Summons and Complaint Handout
Dean Food - No Litigation Opinions Handout
Findings of Fact Ruling of Law and Order for Judgment Handout
To listen to your recordings over the phone:
- Dial 1-877-604-2300 or 1-719-867-7600
- Enter the recording confirmation code: 76239722
- Listen for instructions on recording playback controls
- May 23, 2011: Troubled Commercial Loans: Issues and Options | Borrow, Lender, and Third Party Perspective
2009 - 2010 Programs
To view all past Business Law Section CLE programs, click here.