The MSBA's Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Presents
"Interaction Between Judiciary Budgetary Crisis and ADR"
This program will include discussion regarding the current situation of the Judiciary at the District Court level and some possible solutions.
Some issues that will be discussed are:
- The delay in civil cases because of priority for criminal cases
- Delays in getting judgments docketed, etc.
- Potential lack of reasoned decisions regarding MSJ
- How much longer can 1 year from filing to adjudication standard be maintained
- What else does the civil bar take for granted that is at risk under present and forecast economic conditions
- Pilot mediation programs
- Need for volunteers
- Special masters
- Legislative weblinks, etc. regarding Chief Justice Gildea's grassroots movement
Chief Judge James T. Swenson, Hennepin County
John Degnan, Briggs and Morgan PA
1 hour of Standard CLE credit applied for
Event Code: 153337
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location: MSBA Office
600 Nicollet Mall, Suite 380
Minneapolis, MN 55402
The Section meeting will begin at 12:00 p.m. and the CLE will begin at 12:30 p.m.
ADR Section Members and MSBA Members: Free
Teleconferencing is available. Please contact Ashley Hacker at email@example.com or 612-278-6305 to arrange teleconferencing.